Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hell Week

Well, it wasn't really hell since it was basically foundation training. Meet and Greet, Class Tour, blahblahblahblah.

It was supposed to be as easy as pie until everything, as in EVERYTHING-came out like a 3-unit course. Wah.

Foundation training is basically a hone-up for basic skills with regards to grammar and pronunciation, and in my new company, heck: they were dead serious about it.

As a starter, agents of our species should have at least a wpm of 50, entry point. I felt like a god when I got 54 with 100 % accuracy. Bragging rights. When I got to start class, I was part of the upper bracket. Not too fast, not too slow.

And now, our next goal is to reach a wpm of 60 and above before the typing assessment comes. Dang.

Our trainer, Gino Gopo is a merry mix of being reserved, a perfectionist,and a self-confessed geek who's always in blue. I mean it. And you can't help but respect him for being like that.


We have english as well. It's a mixture of college english and elementary english, that you'll never figure if you've lacked knowledge in your tertiary years or it had been decades since you had elementary english. Too bad for me, I can make sentences out of those god-forsaken parts of speech yet forget their names the minute you get to use them.


So we move on to the cliques. I usually go with the merry mix of mothers, dweebs and whatnots. I avoid the loudmouths, douchebags who can't help but brag about themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. Blah, toxic. I'm friends with the pairs and joke along with the boys who got lost since high school. I go home in a 4WD for free. Hahaha.

Next step: Passing. Everybody wishes everyone well. Thing is, will we?

Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment