Thursday, July 14, 2011

For What It's Worth.

I miss that motherfucker.

Never have I thought that it would go this way. The sting is here. The pain is fresh. The agony is heavy.

And I am constantly finding ways to keep the gap filled by keeping myself preoccupied with all that's worth.

Why I find myself missing him when I'm not really supposed to, I know why. When people tell me that it's easier to have the world at your feet, given the time frame that it had existed, I thank them. But I know myself better than anybody else. It will never work that way.

Whatever his reasons, may it be a front or may it be real, that would up to be him. Looking on the brighter side of things, he did jumpstart a new chapter, proving that not everything is worth dwelling on. He made me happy, looking forward to each workday even if work pretty much involved a hellhole for a workplace. He made me know how it felt to have somebody who was in tune with you, even if it was short-lived.

For what it's worth, thank you. I owe you, one way or another, that short-lived bliss, that bigtime breather I so much needed. Life couldn't have been the same if you didn't exist in my so-called world.

No comments:

Post a Comment