Friday, July 18, 2014

To the other man in my life, Daken. (an open letter to my son)

I myself couldn't believe that today marks your first month here in this world, my son.

I can still remember the sheer impatience I had, waiting all those nine months just to see you. I can still recall those numerous pains I've felt. I can still feel the slow pace of those twelve hours that seemed like forever for you to come out. They're all fresh in my mind, and yet one look at you and all of a sudden nothing really matters now that you're here with us.

The first few days with you weren't as easy as it seemed. I cried whenever you cried, especially when your daddy and I couldn't figure out why or what you wanted. I refused to believe your doctor when she said that your stump didn't hurt (when clearly you wailed like you weren't fed for a million years) and cried whenever I couldn't do anything about it. I cried whenever you would need extra help to get that big burp out - your dad and I had to carry you to get the gas up, because if we didn't do so you'd easily choke. I felt that every single pain that you felt would have been best if it were all mine, that you wouldn't have to go through them all at such an early age. That's how mummy loves you so much.

A month has passed and your daddy and I are still getting the hang of things, with you around. You totally mess up our body clocks, and we can't really differentiate daytime from night anymore. LOL. We now know how much milk you can consume in one sitting, and now rarely forget to help you burp. You still cry like a maltreated child when you need to have your diaper changed (which can be so embarrassing and annoying at the same time) but everything, anything is okay with us as long as it's for you, dear Daken.

You still know how to break mummy's heart, you know. You still know how to make mummy cry even if it is just so uncalled for. And you know what to do and how to make your parents better, more responsible individuals just by merely existing - and we will forever be thankful to the Lord for a gift like you.

You may not be the handsomest, biggest, healthiest nor most popular baby compared to others, but you will be eternally perfect for us, my dear Daken. The trials we endure, the endless hardships and pains don't mean anything as long as we know that all those will be for you. You're really something, anak. Know that your parents love you so much, and we look forward to more days, months and years with you around. ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment